Friday, March 6, 2009

Lawrence of Arabia

So lately Ive been on this kick of watching Award winning films. Ive watched West Side Story, I rented the Pianist and today I watched Lawrence of Arabia. This has got to be the longest movie of all time. I MEAN THIS! I am Indian and Hindi films take about 6 months to watch and I kid you not this movie was 12 months. I could have gotten pregnant and started raising my child by the time I finished this movie. Plus with all of the pausing I had to do my kid would have started to talk. My point is this movie is fucking long as hell. Probably the most annoying part of the movie was that they kept playing the theme song over and over again. The music does not judge the tone of the film but rather whenever the sound director felt like putting in music (ever 2 minutes). Anyway, this film won the Oscar in 1963 and the funny thing is the main character Lawrence, played by Peter O' Toole (haha!) didnt even win the Oscar. I know why too, hes so flamboyant its borders creepy. No one ever votes for creepsters!

Oh yeah, in case you watch movies for the hot babes, there is not a single woman in this film. Imagine watching a film for hours with exclusively sword fights. Lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment